What is included when you get an Oil Change at Medford Auto Care?
- Oil and filter change
- lube suspension if applicable
- Check air filter
- Check all fluids
- Set Tire pressure
What Does Oil Do For Your Engine?
- Cleans your engine. Oil collects soot, ash, acids and other moisture that eventually forms deposits. Deposits, if accumulated on critical engine parts, accelerates wear. Oil helps prevent this by keeping particulates suspended until they’re drained away when you change your oil.
- Creates a seal around piston rings and cylinder walls. Without proper sealing action, you lose power and waste fuel.
- Protects your engine against rust and corrosion.
- Cools vital engine parts your radiator coolant can’t reach. In fact, as much as 40% of the cooling job in your engine is performed by oil.
Which Oil Should You Use?
- Contains polarized molecules that cling to your engine’s metal surfaces. This gives your engine advanced anti-wear protection.
- Provides a superior level of wear protection during the critical start up period.
- Provides continued protection for your engine even after the start up period has ended.
Why do we recommend CASTROL?
Synthetic Oil vs. Conventional Oil
The motor oil you choose affects your car’s power and performance. How does synthetic compare to conventional? For starters, it:
- Keeps engines cleaner longer
- Can help engines “turn over” more easily
- Offers superior protection in extreme driving conditions
Getting Hotter! Oils start to thin out and burn off at high temperatures. Compared to conventional oils, synthetic oils deliver superior volatility performance. For your car, that means lower oil burn-off, fewer tailpipe emissions and less need to top off oil.
Getting Colder! In extreme cold temperatures oils thicken, which can reduce engine flow. And engine flow is critical to engine protection. Synthetic motor oil is engineered to withstand extremely low temperatures by pumping through the engine quickly. That gives your engine damage prevention protection, reduces wear and keeps vital components well-lubricated.
SYNTEC: Synthetic Technology at its Finest
SYNTEC is the result of over 100 years of cutting-edge technical advancement and record-breaking performance. In tests that ran ordinary engines under extreme conditions, engines using SYNTEC performed better and lasted longer while those with conventional oil broke down sooner.